Thursday, May 26, 2022

SPARKLE when you can

 Many years ago I pierced my ears using an ice cube to deaden the lobes. Punching the needle through my frozen earlobes into a cork left me wondering if my brain had been uncorked. Surprisingly, no infection followed and for several months I sported a variety of studs in my ears. A sensitivity to something in bejeweled fobs caused an infection and I eventually gave up and let the piercings close. A couple of additional attempts to succeed finally ended in frustration a couple of decades ago. 

New metals with less propensity to irritate sensitive skin as well as an adolescent desire to sport fashionable adornment landed me in a local salon to have them pierced professionally. No corks or ice, no clothespins, and no detours between entrance and exit portals.

It will require six weeks of healing,turning, and regular cleaning. Then I will be able to wear light weight simple studs for a few months. My goal is to progress to small dangle ear fobs, but I wonder if those lovely sparkly hoops will ever comfortably dangle  on either side of my face. I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment