Friday, May 15, 2020

Not qualified as a Greenhouse

Bring on the heat! I am so ready for some sunny bright summer days. In our drought ridden arid climate, we have witnessed far too many grey cloudy days with intermittent showers. My weeds are loving it, grass is seeding and re-sprouting, trees are experiencing growth spurts. My eyes are grimly fatigued, maybe even a little moldy. I know I shouldn't complain. 'Nuff said!

Meanwhile my orchid is bursting out of her britches! Yes this binge growing has even come inside. Flo, the Phalaenopsis, has a brand new pot and saucer.  Potting medium has arrived and I have listened to daughter's advice while welcoming these contributions. She sent some rather smelly organic orchid bloom booster. I mixed up a jar of the concoction and spooned a little in to Flo's current bed. A few hours later a second blossom opened. U-Tube videos are in agreement with methods shown on the back of the potting medium bag. 

OK! I guess Flo and I are ready to make good use of another grey day in the kitchen.  I'm going in...wish me luck and survival skills for Flo.

No comments:

Post a Comment