Friday, May 19, 2017

Old...it's reality!

Aging is a tough process.  I was convinced I would do it so much better than my ancestors.  A few months ago, I realized that goal has passed me.  I often stand and walk like an old lady.  I appreciate the easy-open medicine bottles, provided for homes with no small children. Ol' Abner reminds me from time to time that I AM old, not as old as he is, but accurately classified as a "senior citizen"!  

Even our dog has accelerated the aging process, despite adjustments in her diet to control weight and keep her mind active.  She required a "knee replacement" in January.  While it is well healed, she walks like an "old lady" now.  She no longer runs, but walks quickly with a prissy little prance.  When she wants to join us on the dog friendly sofas, we must lift her up.  These days, I am grateful for the ten pounds she shed last year.

If only I could adhere to a daily "green bean" filler in my diet, and if only they made "Bright Mind" food for old humans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment