Monday, October 20, 2014

Time to shuck it and chunk it!

We are loving the cooler Autumn days and quiet moments in the Texas Hill Country.  Our new routine is surprisingly comfortable.  Ol' Abner is still avoiding crowds and small children, but we have adapted to a nice lifestyle.  The playhouse, completed last fall, but never fully enjoyed is calling him. Daughter in Law's mustang and Ol' Abner's newly acquired vintage corvette are housed therein and multitude of partially unloaded boxes surround the machinery.  The riding lawnmower was damaged as he and son pulled the corvette off the trailer, and he has tools scattered for it's repair.  I'm perfectly ok with an indisposed riding lawn tractor.   I prefer to mow with a power mower that I can push.  It's a much more satisfying process for me. Lawn tools only occupy a small amount of the space. I don't care if he gets the rider repaired any time this year, unless it's just to move it elsewhere in the playhouse.  All the boxes, as yet unloaded, should probably be discarded and never worried over again.  The wardrobe box with my tablecloths hasn't been needed, and I'm really out of the mood to serve meals on lovely linen. The stuffed animals from our children's early childhood can go home with them or I'll say bye to them. Boxes of empty picture frames should be donated to a thrift shop.  Now Ol' Abner's stuff may be another story, but I'll see if I can prod him into action. Perhaps it's time to pare down and simplify.  I know I've said that before...but this time I mean it!...because I can FEEL it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment