Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wise Words

Bits of wisdom shared by mentors from my youth have stayed with me throughout my life.  I have surpassed the age some of those people lived and aspire to reach the term of life that others reached.  At times I find those same words spouting forth almost involuntarily from my mouth when it seemed my thoughts were private.  Today I think I'll just put some of them out there as they come to me.

  • Better to spend your dollars at the grocery store than a doctor's office
  • Self-reliant children are the best evidence of good parenting
  • If you do not understand the need for government, look at a parking lot covered with snow as cars park
  • There is a time and a season for all things, not always recognized until it has passed
  • You cannot unscramble an egg
  • Any experience is only as important as the memories that thrive from it
  • Don't sweat the small stuff, and afterward it's all just small stuff (yes I was told this long before it became a best selling book)
  • Somewhere in every family, there is a renegade
  • Small children and dogs are the best judges of character at first impression
  • Be loyal to your personal convictions and you will never regret your actions
  • Value learning or be taught the lessons anyway
  • ...to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment