Thursday, September 5, 2013

Driven

My method of auto shopping is totally different from Ol' Abner's.  He reads all the auto magazine articles and researches consumer reports in magazines and on-line.  He asks his friends and then goes to the lots when sales people aren't around to look at sticker prices.  He does the old-fashioned-check-the newspaper-for-ads method and then decides the prices are way too high.  I look first at color.  When I notice a new color or new version of a classic color, it catches my eye often.  Common colors don't interest  me.  Driving a white car has always been anathema. Nevertheless the rich pearl white that appeared a few years ago, only available on some luxury models, was a color I found very appealing.

After my recent "check engine" experience while at daughter's house, Ol' Abner has been seriously kicking tires again.  He keeps directing me to some brands I've never tried...or wanted to try!  Some of them do come in rather nice colors, but they are paired with the ugliest interior colors.  I'm not having it!

I still like my like my car just fine, and that color is no longer available.  A couple of lengthy road trips are in the near future.  I feel his sense of urgency to replace my good gas mileage with another economical but comfy ride.  Now how does he know what meets his standard of comfort if he hasn't even driven one?

No comments:

Post a Comment