Monday, August 22, 2011

A Thread of Interest

My restlessness has morphed into the need to learn something new. I still have the unfulfilled need to travel, but it's been stretched to include an urge to learn. As the new school year begins for the younger generation and those who teach them, I wonder if I should consider returning to school. Maybe even an on-line class or two would feed my empty mind. Last week I returned to the local knitting group. I still haven't mastered the reading of a knitting pattern, but some progress can be flaunted. Making an oven mitt with a lot of coaching, followed by completion of a second all on my own, may not seem a huge accomplishment. Still I take pride in a tiny lesson learned. So many things to learn...so little time. I mustn't waste it! Perhaps I'll do some research on cars. Ol' Abner seems to think it's time to replace mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment